What to bring, what to bring? Hmmm….. There's always that last minute decision and usually the answer is, "I'm never gonna need that." Usually it's right before you get to the beach and need exactly the thing you decided wasn't worth the extra 30 seconds to throuw in the car.
1) It's simple for gear. Bring EVERYTHING!!!! From your 1.2 meter sail and 28 ltr board all the way up to your 18 meter sail and 450 ltr board. You never know!! If you've got a paddle board, bring that too!!!! In the case of unsailable light winds, the SUP races go over huge!
2) Food! There's no eating establishment open at Heckscher. So bring a cooler with plenty of water, food and anything else you'll need to hold you over through the day. We can't stop the competition for anyone who needs to run off to grab a sandwhich at the deli outside the park.
3) Sunscreen! Bring it, wear it, don't fry!
4) Toilet paper! There I said it. The bathrooms are open, but you never know if it's gonna be there when you need it the most.
5) The Toll booths will be charging about $8.00-$10.00 to enter the park. Once you're in, parking is free and you can exit and re-enter the park at no charge. Just be sure and get your ticket on the way in when you pay.
6) Bring every smiling face you see! If you can't find one, bring them anyway. They will be smiling when they get to the beach. Typically we'll have around 75-100 competitors at the East Coast Windsurfing Festival, but there are way more family and friends watching the competition from the shore. So be sure and bring the family.